Monday, January 08, 2007

There's no place like sanity, there's no place like sanity, there's no place like sanity. . . .

Click your heels together folks. :) we have a new story.

Technically I guess it's part of ALIT as it deals with one of the regular characters...:)

First: A new acronym/name. The crazy Aunt... is now going to be KAR (or kar) for Krazy Aunt you know who. :) OK?

All right... so kar - who used to be a size 4 when she was young, has been ballooning. 10 months ago she was a 16. she has no increased to around a 22, and doesn't want to admit it. She claims to be wearing clothes from a certain store that only carries up to 14/16. My cousin says it's because she wears the SUPER stretchy travel clothes and just stretches them to fit. (shudder)

so meanwhile - they found Kar a black dress to wear for the up coming nuptials this week. Being as she has become blonder and blonder with her hair color (not the best choice really) she has decided that she needs GOLD shoes to go with this dress. Gold... i kid you not.

So she goes to this really high end boutique my grandmother used to buy all of her shoes from (back when she could wear heels and what not.) While there (I still can't believe this by the way) a woman walks in wearing...you guessed it. Gold shoes. Kar immediately gets excited and wants THESE shoes. Supposedly they fit, but with her pychosis who knows? So she buys the shoes off the woman's feet. yup. Used shoes.

Anyone want to guess how much she paid for them?

Nah - i'll just share. She paid the woman $95 for her shoes. Yup, $95 for used shoes off the woman's feet! She gets home and tells her companion the story and her companion looks at the shoes and says "kar!!! You crazy!! you can get these same shoes, same brand and color and everything, over on **** Avenue for $9.99!! Why you pay $95??"

Yes folks. This is my family.

On the flip side. My friends at the bookstore are all laughing at me. i'll tell you why. Shhh... they say i'm turning into a . . .

GIRL!

LOL - that's right. In preparation for this event, I needed makeup. I so rarely wear it that my stuff is all old, and i wanted some new colors so i bought make up. And I bought GOOD make up. :) MAC. but they had the colors and they were SO helpful and helping me to figure out what colors would be good and would work on my skin etc... I've been in there 3 times the last week, buying more stuff as I realized i needed it. Yup... i'm a girl. I even bought *GASP* a pair of pointy shoes!!! (Hush now... they fit and were comfortable and had a good stable heel so my knee was happy) Scary huh?

well - we are at 3 days and counting until the event of the year! (Of course being as it's only the second week of January, I'm sure other events will present themselves.)

I'll keep you all posted!

3 comments:

minijaxter said...

wow used shoes.
i wont even buy shoes from goodwill...

and i dont think ive ever paid that much for a pair of shoes new.

mary bishop said...

I don't know if I've ever heard a crazier shoe story than buying a pair off someone who's wearing them and who you don't know from Adam!!!

But I also worry about pointy shoes and a wedding...maybe you'll do better than in flipflops..sorry Mini hahahah Yes, I can laugh because I didn't suffer!!!!

(No, it was not funny that you got hurt :-() xoxo

mary bishop said...

Waiting for the pictures..........zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
..............zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Really I can't wait!!!!