Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Too Hip to be square...

Or not to be honest. :)

Just thought I'd post pictures of the squares I did for the blanket Rebeka is making.















The green one has a "chai" done in hebrew knitted into it. Chai means Life and I thought that would be a neat and appropriate pattern. The second one is just a heart put into the square. I find it amazing that the pattern shows up better on a crappy 1mp camera phone than it does in real life. :) Both are lovely though. (I think.) The green one is 100% wool, and the pink/peach one is 55% wool, 22% nylon, and the rest is cotton I believe. REALLLLY soft. :) I tell ya, joanns is coming out with some nice yarns of their own.

Right now I'm working on a chemo cap. I'm making it with a fun fur type yarn and Bernat satin worsted weight held together. It will be a thick cap - but will kind of look "hair" which is the idea. I've got about 4" done, just another 2 or so, and then i can start the decreases. I'm hoping it's big enough to fit someone's head. Most likely a child's - but it's my first attempt with a hat. So we'll see how it comes out. :)

And that's about it from this end. Getting a lot of knitting done (at least for me.) I guess part of it is I don't want to get too sucked into any books right now, since I'm waiting for one on Tuesday. (a week from today.) Course, that didn't stop me from buying 4 or 5 books this weekend anyway. LOL

Enjoy your days all... :)

4 comments:

minijaxter said...

so heres the kicker i can get to blogs and comics but not personal email.
the pics look great.

mary bishop said...

I love the heart one so much! So appropriate for this time of the year. I can't wait to see the finished product, will you be able to take a picture?

Your mother's blog is fantastic!

Ilanna said...

well mary - i'm not making the blanket myself - i'm just sending in some pieces to someone else to make the blanket. So hopefully she'll take and post pictures once she's done. these are just my contributions. :) and yeah mom's blog is a kick :)

Mini - that is SO weird, go figure. :)

Anonymous said...

What a great set of blocks, I really appreciate it. And I think the block with the hebrew letters is just perfect!