Thursday, March 27, 2008

The Name hath been REVEALED . . . :)

That is correct - we have a name for SSSP2. :)
*D*
*A*
*V*
*I*
*D*

*R*
*U*
*B*
*I*
*N*

Now they are going for the hebrew pronunciations on this - so "Da Veed" and "rue vain"

Course apparently suka can't spell real well - and didn't realize that if they were going for "rue vain" then maybe she should have used an actual, i don't know . . . *v* in the name??? :)

Auntie Em paid for the food for said event - paid for 80 ppl. 25 showed up. :)

There's a few other things but nothing so spectacular that I"m going to go crazy with it here - just wanted to share the name. :)

IN other news . . . :)

The dr today confirmed that the breathing issues i've been having are most likely pregnancy related. Going to get some pulmonary tests done next week anyway but he said not worry about it. I think the way he explained it was that the extra progesterone hormones etc make it feel like it's hard to catch your breath, and then add in the extra fluid retention and the pressure of things moving around and we're all good. Now, he also explained part of this was for more oxygenation. The way I explained this to someone (who found it very entertaining) was that You hyperventilate because baby wants to steal more oxygen - Silly little parasite. :)

Baby's heart rate was 152 - so we're good there - BP was fine - and I decided to decline the screening test for the downs and spina bifida and all that. The risk is pretty low - I'm taking care of myself, been on folic acid and DHA supplements for 6 months PRIOR to the pregnancy - so why stress myself with possible false positives ya know? :)

The big reveal ultrasound is going to be on April 15th - in the evening so hubby can join us. :) Hopefully the tadpole cooperates. What's cool is that I get to have a 3D ultrasound. :)

Not a whole lot else happening on the baby front at this point - I'll update you all around 20 weeks :) or if we find out anything significant - (20 weeks is around 4/18)

In other non ME related baby news... Apparently this woman my friends and I know - went into the hospital for a kidney stone last week. She came out with a 7lb 6oz baby boy. She claims to have not known (or in serious denial) that she was pregnant at all. Now I know this does happen occasionally - but usually it's larger women where the belly change isn't as noticeable. This woman was like 5'8" 130. We're not talking plump here. I just don't understand how you don't FEEL it etc... :) Go figure. I told my husband she had a 7lb 6oz kidney stone and told him the kid's name. He thought I was making a joke. :) His eyes about popped out of his head at that news. :) Life is definitely interesting eh?? :)

5 comments:

mary bishop said...

This name doesn't sound like a dude ranch...like the other one if I recall.

Oh honey, so sorry about the breathing but I have heard of that happening before. Hmmmm I predict you are having a girl...we'll see if I'm right - 50/50 chance...and if that happens Suka will spit blood from envy.

Bradley's Mom said...

Hi there!

So happy to see your update!

I hope you will feel well, and have a very healthy and happy pregnancy!

I have heard stories before about women who deliver a baby and claim not to know they were pregnant. That just seems unbelievable to me. Having had three babies, there is NO WAY you can be that dumb as to think there isn't a live creature in there!!

All the feelings you get, come on, it's impossible!

Well, whatever!

Thinking good thoughts for you!

Linda

minijaxter said...

yes when i was told i was shocked.
this woman is skinny and we have seen her almost every week for the last year and we had no idea.
she looked like she had put on a little weight but not the round belly you usually get.
weird...
anyway suka never fails to amaze and amuse me with her stupidity...

ok so taking bets on when she gets pregnant again ... i say october...

Phyllis Sommer said...

seriously, how do you not know you're pregnant!? that is a crazy story.... enjoy the ultrasound!

The Egel Nest said...

David :)

Dah-veed :)

Lovely!

Bradley
The Egel Nest

PS I apologize for my absentee blog visitation...the beautiful wife just got back into town tonight...and it was very busy in the nest!