Tuesday, October 24, 2006

musings and mutterings...

So there's all kinds of ALIT stuff going on - but it's so disjointed I can't keep track. First sukastar is buying the house, then they aren't, then they are, then they sign a new lease where they are living now with the excuse of "we can't bear to cause strife in the family." Which is BS, cuz what it really means is, "well sh*t, i can't afford to buy a house for $750,000."

it's been insane. MOm and I are going up there this weekend to go through the house, try to figure out what we want, and pack some other stuff away to make it appear less cluttered. Of course it's lovely to talk to the Real estate agent and find out that sukastar has a tendency to leave some dirty diapers in the house after they've stayed there etc... fun huh?

Sorry I haven't posted much though - things have been pretty busy. We have a tech out on short term disability so it's been kind of busy during the days.

beyond that - not much else is going on :) dogs are cute as usual.

Oh and I went to see the PHILLY ROLLER GIRLS this weekend. They played a match against the Gotham Girls - the NY travel team. I think Acumamakiki knows a bunch of those folks. :) It was a LOT more fun than i expected it to be. Once I understood what was supposed to be happening, it made it a lot more fun and easy to get into the whole game of it. Makes me want to try rollerskating again. It's been a few years, and I haven't been ice skating in ages. It's been even longer for me an parallel skates... i used blades for a little bit - but stopping just didn't work quite the same as on ice skates and I almost killed myself going downhill one day. LOL BUt i might have to go out to the rollerrink one day and maybe try regular skating again - see if my knee likes it at all. :)

Oh well - Smooches all! And as Minijaxter says - don't forget to feel your boobies since it's breast cancer awareness month! :)

5 comments:

kristen said...

It's hard not to get the roller derby fever once you've witnessed the glory! I was sold after my first PGRD bout and here I am now, a ref!
Too bad I was out of town, it would have been great fun to meet you and also, be at that bout.

Ilanna said...

I know!! now i need to go skating - will be interesting to see if my knee will handle it well or not. :) i'll let you know how I do. My bro was managing the penalty box at this bout.

Anonymous said...

hehe i have some roller skates - maybe we should have a girls afternoon out at the roller rink (for safety reasons of course) :)

mary bishop said...

As one of my friends often says: There are only two real sports -- wrasslin and roller derby.

Personally I have a bad history of putting anything on my feet other than tie up shoes. I've even injured myself wearing slippers! (The bottoms of the slippers were like velcro and stuck to the rug causing me to lurch forward and frequently fall until I bit the bullet and threw out brand new slippers.)

Anonymous said...

I always thought roller derby would be interesting to try. Or girls pro football. Or dodgeball. Or kickball. Guess I'll have to stick with Kung Fu. - KLT