Thursday, November 02, 2006

You see what happened was . . .

So this little trick or treater came to the door, and she was being CHASED!!! yeah chased..umm yeah that's the ticket. By a bunch of teenage boys in skeleton costumers... I pushed her behind me to protect her and the boys knocked me over and . . .

Umm, ok how about... With all the kids ringing the doorbell, Mister got SO excited and ran right past me, and his 75 lb linebacker doggie body knocked me down and twisted my. . .

ummm ALIENS!!!! yeah aliens came and I got stuck in their hatch and in trying to pull me in while I was trying to fight them off I injured...

hmm. yeah. Truth is - I locked the back door, turned around and must have stepped badly. Thus possibly tearing the miniscus in my bad knee. (sigh) yup - I was even wearing good shoes (my sneakers, tied tightly.) I had just finished working out but we didn't do any leg excercises. I just stepped and KabooM! so yesterday I managed to get into see a new orthopaedist as well as getting in the MRI he ordered. So my next appt is wed to find out what the MRI said. If it *IS* a torn miniscus then most likely I will be facing some knee surgery.

Oh the flip side I got the impression that thenew doctor might be questioning the old doctor's diagnosis of torn acl from 3 years ago. Said the knee didn't feel loose at all like one that would have a torn acl. Of course a Torn ACL would explain how the mniniscus tore so easily since those tend to be related injuries. But the LAST doctor is also the one who said "oh, well it's torn, but since you are overweight there's no point in surgery itwould probably make it worse. just live it." And he would emphasize over and over that because my leg is too big they can't see what the problem is etc. Funny THIS doctor didn't mention my size ONCE during the entire visit. So we'll see what happens.

Oh well. If any of you want to come up with any more fun stories for how i could have hurt my knee since mine is so boring - please feel free to share them... i'd love it. :)

3 comments:

Ilanna said...

man - not only did you get naked guys in there but you got a PUN! M would be so proud.. (sniff sniff...)

Anonymous said...

Little did we know that there was a third person in the Olympic figure skating trials of yester year but feeling the need for revenge, Nancy Kerragan saw that there was a moment of weakness in her main rivals performance and took a lead pipe to the knee of the helpless Ilanna as she landed the quintuple sow-cow/lindy/toejam that would have won her the top spot in the Smuckers All-Stars on ice that was playing at the Bob this weekend...shame really.

-Deep Breath-

mary bishop said...

Sorry Ilanna...Knees are so important and it sounds like yours has been through the mill, so to speak. Get better soon and I'd tell everyone you hurt your knee doing Suka wrestling.