Tuesday, August 21, 2007

breathlessly awaiting . . .

I would say you are all breathlessly awaiting the answer to the previous post, but the truth is I've told most of you the answers anyway. :)

But for those who don't see me in real life or talk to me in real life very often here is the answer - In a non searchable form. :)

Give me an M
Give me an A
Give me a V
Give me an E
Give me an R
Give me an I
Give me a C
Give me a K


Give me an S
Give me an A
Give me an I
Give me an L

Yep - that is the name this poor child will be growing up with. Gotta love it eh?

Hope you all had fun guessing.

In other news related - the new parents are feeling somewhat paranoid apparently.

Before MSH was born, they sent out an email with a URL for the hospital nursery where they post pictures of the newborns. This way everyone could see the baby right away. Well when he was born cousin P called, and A told her he'd send her pics soon. She said, "well I can just go to the website. . . " at which point A FREAKED out about "where did you get that from?? how did you find out about it?? No don't worry E, it's not up there, we made sure it isn't . . . " etc. Very Odd.

My mother and I have decided NOT to go to the Bris this week. We figure we can get the stories and then some from Cousin P. We won't get points for going up, we'll be ignored most of the time, and on top of that we'd have to see KAR who is no longer in the hospital. And while part of me wants to go to prove we're better than they are (cuz you know they won't come down when I have a kid) the other part of me says that going up there for them, knowing they probably won't come down for me is only feeding into their "NY is the only place that matters" mentality. So - No ceremony.

Mom and I may just spend the $$ at the renn faire instead. (we do go there to shop most of the time after all. :) )

I know - 3 posts in the space of a week... what is the world coming to.

If I don't post again - have a great week/weekend folks - and hopefully I'll have some stories for all of you.

2 comments:

mary bishop said...

I cannot believe that moniker...Horse Jib would be better.

The Egel Nest said...

Ilanna -

Maverick Sail sounds like a boat in the America's Cup yacht race!

Glad it was a healthy baby though...at least until it grows up and starts to get teased about his name :)

Bradley
The Egel Nest