Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Beginnings . . .

So -

As I've mentioned elsewhere - I just started taking a class in Macro Photography - so I thought I'd share some of my favorite shots from the first class. Maybe I'll share them through the entire class and see what people thing of the pictures. :)

To start with - my equipment:
Canon Digital Rebel (6.0MP)
Canon 100mm Macro Lens
Canon MT-24EX Flash.

Class on saturday was the first day I'd ever used the flash. It's pretty funky to play with. :)

So - Some of my favorite Pics:

Tree Bark:
I just love the
textures of this
picture.









Rock:
The different
elements in this
picture make it
visually interesting
(IMHO of course)








Leaf:
Very stark on
the background.










Tree P*rn:
That of course
is the first
thing I see.

Less dirty
minded people
see a wrecked
viking long boat
or something
similar.


The Following 2 are my favorites. I call them the "bullet holes" although they are more likely from a BB gun as opposed to a bullet hole.

With Flash












Without Flash
(seems kind of
opposite though
doesn't it?)

All the rules
change when it
comes to Macro.

:)



So Honest opinions everyone - what do you all think of my very first foray into this world.

These were all done on a saturday afternoon, outdoors, downtown, WINDY as heck... :) and
short notice. All experimentation - and *ALL* completely unaltered except for converting them from RAW to JPG and to a better size for web/email.

Thanks in advance!

3 comments:

The Egel Nest said...

Ilanna -

I love the tree bark pic...you can see like spider webs or something when you enlarge it!

Also love the contrasting flash and no flash bb or bullet holes...that is awesome...

Your Macro abilities are terrific :)

I love Macro shots!

Bradley
The Egel Nest

Ilanna said...

wow Bradley - Thanks. I only just started the class and I know I have a lot to learn. :)

I'm looking forward to posting more.

Anonymous said...

a photography class....great idea! I want to take take a class too.