Tuesday, January 02, 2007

New year? what new year? Who what when????

Oy vay...

and what a start to the year it is.

Spent new years eve and day at a friend's house. It was very entertaining. There were a few half naked young women (legal of course) walking around. One of them was SO excited when i guessed her bra size exactly right. she said she loved me. awwww. It's always interesting when you get into conversations about sewing machines with guys and geeks. One of them is designing a program that will print out a corset pattern once it has your measurements. So he's been working on corsets. But we're all geeks too - so we're talking about the servos and the mechanics that might be required to do all the different stitches etc. The things we all talk about when drunk I tell ya. (course I wasn't drunk - though I think i may need to start drinking....)

Why should I start drinking you ask??? Well - when last we left our cast of As Long Island Turns, a wedding was fast approaching and the various ins and outs were getting very amusing . . .

let's see. The band is costing $6000. That's more than ALL of the vendors for my wedding and in fact, i have some friends who spent less than that on their ENTIRE wedding! There will be staff walking around with bowls of sorbet so they can spoon it to the guests who get too hot while dancing... And from what we've heard - the BM dresses are a hideous cold dirt brown color. Suka even had to return hers and order a size UP b/c her boobs wouldn't fit in the bodice.

Now all the annoying stuff. Cousin P's hubby N was all getting ready for a tux, and then when A asked why they responded that he was supposed to be in the wedding party. A then says "oh we decided that you and he and your son would all walk down as a family instead" but they never bothered to tell them before they went to the trouble to get fitted etc. No one can keep anything straight any more. The various fights that are going on about everything is just getting crazy. I can't wait until it's all over.

Of course - why do i really need to start drinking? Our table. Are you ready?

Aunt M and Uncle M. reasonable to deal with. Cousin P and N w/son D. Also - we get along with them no worries. Helper 1 and Helper 2 will also be there at the table with us (in theory.) I like them so no worries. *BUT* that means we also have to sit with Crazy Aunt R (and watch her eat *SHUDDER*) and SUKASTAR will be at the table with us. Mom says she better not end up next to Star because she'll kill him. Suka is ok, cuz she'll just slap her upside the head if needed. (yes i'm bringing my camera.)

Of course then there's the current fiasco of everyone getting dressed everywhere. So of course Hello and sukaspawn will be in the way, so its been requested that they be allowed to stay at my empty grandmother's house while everyone gets ready. I of course ask why they can't just stay home at their house... well apparently sukaspawn is coming to the wedding. But since they aren't accounted for at the table. (infant no biggie, but Hello will be around too) my guess is, they will walk her down the aisle in arms to show her off, pass her off to Hello, and then send her home again. The point of that - I have NO idea.

there's all kinds of other little dramas i'm not going to go into here. But i'm sure you all get the idea. Any suggestions on what a non drinker should start drinking to break herself in? I'm thinking bailey's, maybe amaretto and cream - mild things to start. Then i might just switch to the grey goose!

I"ll make sure to post updates after the fact! (mom and I though will be dressed to the 9's. :) I even bought MAKEUP!!! at M.A.C no less....oooooohhh. :) )

Laters! :)

4 comments:

mary bishop said...

Oooh MAC makeup...what fun. Sounds like this wedding will be something else. I just learned I have a wedding to go to this year...NYear's eve engagement. Weddings...free association says: warm champagne; over or undercooked food; Celebrate Shout and At Last...icky cake..it looks good but rarely tastes good. Heels ick

Can't wait to hear more!!

Ilanna said...

HAH - my wedding cake actually DID taste good - but only that night. not a year later. and of course i only got the one bite. :) LOL

yeah it will be interesting. HOpe you have fun at the wedding you need to go to!

minijaxter said...

hehe ilanna wearing makeup.....

we had cupcakes at my wedding and they were yummy everyone ate them.

and ilannas cake was yummy.

just dont wear flip flops like i did back in august mary....
thats how i broke my foot....

anyway - sounds like we will have more stories to the drama that is ALIT...cant wait

mary bishop said...

I hope we get to see some pictures...as you can tell I'm into pictures telling a story...maybe it's just laziness on my part ;-)

No flip flops, I will remember that one!!