Thursday, January 25, 2007

Your Salvation, Courtesy of. . . .

Hello everyone :)

Today- I made a coworker laugh with this:
I love this.

The gentleman who came up with these, Randy Cassingham of This is True is a genius. He has cards too. I love them.

In fact we gave them out at my wedding as one of the favors. They look like the Monopoly card and at the bottom it says "your salvation, courtesy of J, M and Z." (course our actual names are there. :))

He has some great stories and a free weekly newsletter about stupid people :) You should check him out. You can read more about them here.

There isn't a whole lot of stuff going on right now (hence the lack of posting. :) ) My birthday is this weekend. I'll be the meaning of life minus a decade. (i.e. 32 years old.) We are having a big party and it should be very entertaining. We'll tire the dogs out with daycare first so they aren't too rambunctious, and then well have fun. My friend who is a trained chef is doing all of the cooking. He does things like this every year. In order to raise money for his charity, he offers to do chores and such in exchange for a donation to the charity. Great idea in my opinion, so he is doing it for the party this year. Mexican themed is the current plan. Though the way my husband's eyes bugged out after seeing the grocery bill was *SOOO* worth everything. LOL

Also - i photographed a friend's belly dancing thing this weekend. IF anyone wants to see the pics click here.

Not much else going on - but maybe i'll try to get some doggie pics to post soon. Right now though my battery on the little camera is dead and I can't find the charger. :( might have to get a new one.

In a COMPLETELY different subject. I've started back with the trainer this week. it's been 2.5 months since I hurt my knee. knee still hurts but we're working on it. I've also decided I need to do more if i want to lose fat/weight. So starting next week, (not this week as it's my birthday week :) ) i'm going to start (sigh) getting up 20 minutes earlier and riding the bike for 20 minutes before I shower for work. The trainer, instead of coming on tues or thurs at 5 or 530pm, will be coming on wednesdays at 630am. I must be nuts. But a lot of people say the morning excercise is the best. It's also a different mind set. When i get home from work I don't want to have to work more. So i avoid the bike, or the workouts etc. IF my husband has orders to get me up in the morning, then i'll get up - and then it's done and out of the way. And maybe, JUST maybe this will help me get into an appropriate habit and help me really start moving.

Gonna start slowly making diet changes too. Switching to skim milk (been drinking a lot of milk lately.) Maybe have oatmeal instead of toast and butter for breakfast, etc. Things like that. We'll just have to see how it goes. Wish me luck!

5 comments:

minijaxter said...

Well you are starting out right thats for sure. And Oatmeal is better for you than toast and butter anyway.
Good Luck with the whole getting up in the morning thing.

hugs

Kensai Ed said...

I also accept straight donations as well as the barter system. Things I can (and are willing to) do include, but are not limited to, cooking, cleaning, computers, laundry, self-defense lessons for adults and children, swordplay (French and Asian) training, archery, and teaching various subjects such as cooking and computer science.

100% of the proceeds go the Easter Seals of Delaware and are 100% tax deductible.

Anonymous said...

Sorry ladies, he's taken. He's mine, all mine! :o)

K-Smash said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oatmeal is awesome. If you start to get sick of it (which I never do) there are all kinds of healthy ways to dress it up.

I hope you have a wonderful weekend and a great celebration!

mary bishop said...

Happy Birthday belated but I think I did tell you happy birthday before...losing my mind, anyhow...I really enjoyed the belly dancing photos...it looks like so much fun and the costumes were amazing!!