Wednesday, January 31, 2007

32 years and counting...

Well, i'm now 32 years old. Thank you everyone for the birthday wishes - i really do appreciate them.

As Minijaxter said, it was a great party. A lot of my friends came and celebrated with me. The little kids were using the hall way as a slide - they'd run and then slide the rest of the way on their knees. Ahh the joys of "hardwood" floors. :) Lots of screaming early on.

Got to meet my friend's new baby Kara. at a month old, she wasn't very participatory in the evening's festivities, but that's ok. :) The food was absolutely wonderful and went over very well. There wasn't a whole lot of leftovers afterwards. Just extra "toppings" a bit of taco meat and the rice which not too many people had. And the cake? OH MY GOD the cake was fabulous and lasted all of 30 seconds I think.

I got some wonderful gifts and gift cards to favorite stores. My hubby got me some great stuff from LL bean. (love their men's shirts and the jeans. ) mom got me some great earrings with variable topaz.

All in all, i had a really good time and i'm so glad all my friends could join me. Of course, one thing i was really excited about (silly but it's SO me) was the new crock pot mom bought me for the party. I wanted something we could keep the meat warm in, but my 6qt crock pot, supposedly programmable, only has 4, 6, 8, and 10 hour settings. To get it to "warm" mode you have to let it finish a timed cycle first - all of which would have been too hot to keep the meat warm. It's been bugging me for a while, and i've been wanting a new one. So I went to LnT. On line i found this great one that i really liked, but it was backordered and out of stock. They were out in the store too. But I didn't want to spend $30 on a cheap one, cuz then how do I justify getting the one I want when it's back in stock you know? :) So i convinced the manager to let me buy the display model. :) And I actually got compliments on it from some of the guests at the party. It's a really nice crock pot.

Anyways - i was going to post earlier in the week, but monday I didn't get a chance and well, tuesday, i got hit with a tummy bug of some kind and was not in a very verbal frame of mind. I'm doing a bit better today so you get an update. :)

BTW, for those in the know, there is a new update at the invite only blog. :) ilannaprivate dot blogspot dot com. :) enjoy!

4 comments:

mary bishop said...

That crockpot is amazing..you can saute in it too? Wow, no wonder why you were so happy to get it, I would be too.

I'm hungry so I'm glad you didn't post pictures of the food and the cake...I want some right now!!

Ilanna said...

I know - i'm such a friggin gadget freak... :) and i love kitchen stuff. hehehe.

So yeah - you can sautee in it - but if you have an electric stove you have to use the metal grate thing to separate the stone from the heat source.

As for hungry - i'm hungry too, but trying to be careful about what i eat so as to not aggravate "things." :)

minijaxter said...

lol the food was delicious.
the cake um my hubby ate my piece:)
happy bday

K-Smash said...

I'm glad you had a fun birthday!

My birthday card for you is STILL sitting on my coffee table. I'm sorry. I'll get it in the mail tomorrow.


So what kind of cake was it?