Monday, February 05, 2007

last night's game... :)

Well. I'm not a big football fan. In fact the superbowl is probably the only game I watch every year. I usually don't even make it through that. But last night - i saw the WHOOOOOLLLE thing. :)

First I want to say, the national anthem by Billy Joel. *THAT* is what a national anthem should be. Simple, traditional, and true to form. No musical exposition, variation or anything else. Just a nice traditionally sung national anthem. I was happy and pleased. (reminds me that I miss BIlly Joel, and will have to make sure I find some of my CD's and make them into Mp3's, or hit the itunes store and load up. :)

The game was very entertaining. For a while I was rooting for the bears. (sadly the only reason for that was that Condi apparently likes the colts, and at that point i figured why not root for her opposite. I had no other team loyalty.) :) During the last quarter though I was rooting for no one. By 12 minutes left in the last quarter, I was saying "ok - no one is allowed to score now." That's because the score reflected my square in the football pool. :) I never win these things so I wanted to win this one. :) Well they listened to me and i won!!! yay!!! :) that's my spending money for the week. :)

It also helps that I was at a very fun party, and seated in a very comfy couch and was NOT giving up my seat. :) At one point I took out my knitting and my seat mate goes "are you that bored?" And i said no, it's really more to a) keep my hands busy and b) keep me from over eating. I only knit 1 or two rows and I think I messed something up because it just doesn't look right, but i'm not particularly worried. IT's a rinky dink little thing. (i'm trying to make a cupcake like minijaxter made for me.) It's so I can try out double pointed needles (DPN's) and see what they are all about and if i could deal with knitting a project on them. I probably could ifi really wanted to, but not so sure I really want to LOL. :)

that's about all for this weekend. HOpe my party hosts enjoy the left over food. (we brought about 5 lbs of meatballs and 2.5 slabs of ribs. Hubby wanted to learn how to make them.) Hope everyone else enjoyed the game as well. :) (and their weekend.)

1 comment:

K-Smash said...

Well, I was swearing a lot during the game...and I was heart-broken by the Bears' loss. But I do highly respect Tony Dungy and couldn't be too upset...the Colts played a great game and deserved the win. The Bears were playing too passively and too conservatively for a Superbowl game, especially on defense. Oh well...that's Chicago sports for you... We made homemade guacamole and homemade chips (from homemade corn-flax tortillas) - YUM!!!