Thursday, July 27, 2006

Frustrating Fashion

Ok

So you have a store. their online catalogue carries, Petite, regular, Tall, and Women's sizes. And in just about all styles, all sizes are available. But the store itself, carries ONLY regular sizes and some of them carry petite. Why? Do Tall and large women not count? Do we not exist in high enough quantity that there's no point in carrying those styles in the store? When I find a place that has some nice fashionable things in good sizes, I get excited because it's a nice idea to have a clothing option that isn't a tent ya know? Which then leads me to another rant.

The concept of plus size clothing. Unfortunately the majority of plus clothing is a size 6 pattern blown up on a photocopy machine. obviously proportions are not the same. Plus women are not all butter balls and round shapes. There are boobs and butts and smaller waists etc.

I want to open a store called "boobs and butts and everything between." A store that has different lines, specifically designed for each sizing set.
And JEANS!! no more size 10, 12, 14 etc. No no, we're going to follow the logic that actually is USED in sizing of mens' jeans. Except instead of Inseam, it will be waist, hip and then Petite, regular, MTall, and Tall. :) how's that sound??

Who wants to start the revolution with me??? And remember, this isn't just for us plus folks, but for those short people, and tall people, and people everywhere in between who have size 8 tops and size 14 bottoms... it's a WHOLE new WORLD of clothing!!!

5 comments:

minijaxter said...

or how about me? im too short for regular sized clothing and too tall for petite plus my butt is too big for petite.

i am constantly walking the hems off of my pants because i am too lazy/poor to go to a tailor.

Anonymous said...

I'm with you, sister!

mary bishop said...

You'd get very rich, because I don't know the "perfect" woman who fits in the clothing I see. I'm only 5 feet tall, but I have boobs...if the boob area fits, nothing else does..so I have a choice of squished boobs or shoulders having down to my elbows.

I love the concept and the name and I'll be buying from that store!

kristen said...

You would get rich. I hate bathing suit shopping for this very reason. Flat on top, round of the hiney and straight of the hips....it's a nightmare. And the only place I find suits in sizes so you can mix n' match, is J. Crew. Expensive but what do you do otherwise?
And jeans just piss me off. I've got long legs for my height (5'6") and I still have to hem because the petites are too short.

Amy said...

Honestly, while I wish it were so, it's only women that are on the extremes that want to move to a more coherent system of sizing. I struggle with finding things small enough for me (4'10", no chest, skinny as a rail) that aren't kids clothes. I've definitely found the experience of shopping to be frustrating, but what can we do? I've already preached my own sentiments, but most women don't care.

I'll stand right behind you and wish you luck though!