Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Sorry His Brain is Full. . . .

This week we close on my "brother's" new house. He's been going a bit nuts trying to pack up his house and get everything squared away. He's only had 3 or 4 weeks to start moving on this stuff. he waited til this weekend to really start moving. He even had the POD for about a week before anything even went into it. So he's got that mostly loaded, but he's still "going nuts" trying to get the little stuff etc. He had a bunch of people helping him and he just takes them all for granted. Specially me.

I was there before 10 yesterday. I brought him breakfast.(no i didn't get any $ for that.) Start working with the junk man while he and his friends get started with packing. Over the 4 hours I was there (i couldn't do much b/c of my knee) I asked him 3 or 4 times, what did he want to do with his bicycles? I hadmy car there WITH the bike rack on it, ready to go, but he kept saying, "I don't know." I finally had to say, "we do the bikes now, or not at all. NOW" and then he got mad at me for taking that Tone of Voice with him. Whatever.

I mean, I"m storing his stuff, hell we got some of our friends to help move the TV i'm buying from him, and they ended up helping him move all of his stereo components too to my house. ANd Gee, they carried all of it inside cuz he was too busy moving his fish, to come over and move his own stuff. So now it's all over the guest bedroom, which we are now goingt to have to clear out for my mother. We put it in there cuz he was supposed to stay with us for the 2 day transition, so we figured he could shift it around then. But no, he won't make up his mind about where he's staying. Then keeps saying he's not comfortable staying at someone else's house etc. It's a load of BS - he can't make up his mind, won't make a decision, and just leaves all the people who are trying to help him hanging in the wind waiting on "his lordship's decisions." Not fair to us. MY husband, one of the most easygoing and helpful men in the world, is getting frustrated and annoyed at his rudeness level.

I came home last night, and wouldnt' talk to my own husband. Not because I was mad at him, but because I was so tired, and annoyed, and frustrated and in pain from sitting around and standing around with no place but a staircase to sit on.

I mean at one point, he asked me or go buy gatorade. So i went to 7-11, and bought a whole box of drinks. I got a thanks from his helpers and an offhand "thanks" from him, but no offer to pay me back the $30 i laid out for all of it. Then he had me order pizza, and I had to order from a place where I couldn't eat the pizza. WHich is one reason I was so miserable when I fianlly got home. I at at 10. I got home at 330. I hadn't eaten anything in between. Only reason I lasted as long as I did was I drank a 24oz gatorade.

He is so focused and centered on his world, that he doesn't care what happens to other people. My husband came to help for a Little while. Didn't want to spend his whole day there. We told bro that, but he suddenly started planning for the use of my husband's wagon. No asking, just planning. it's obnoxious. ANd i'm not fighting back or refusing b/c the purchase is really my mother's, and I don't want to make it that much more difficult for her, and I just want it OVER with.

It sucks when there's a taker and just no good way to stop it. . . SO i'm very frustrated this week. ANd i have a very busy day. I was going to work from home this afternoon but not sure I can now, since I have a customer coming in with potentially a bad HD, so i'm going to need to get her up and running.. however long that takes.

Oh well - hope everyone had a better holiday than I did. . . .

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you think that maybe having him move in around the corner from you would NOT be a good idea?

Ilanna said...

the moving in around the corner isn't the issue, it's the attitude prior to the move that's been the main problem. :)