Monday, July 17, 2006

There's a reason it's red . . .

Target is evil...

it is a black hole for money to be SUCKED into at an alarming rate. . .

yes you get to bring things home, but somehow you never realize just how much you've bought. . .:)

This weekend I went shopping. :)

I made the schlep up to concord pike to go to Bed bath and beyond because I had 2 wedding gifts and a shower gift to purchase. Of course beyond the $150 those gifts cost me, I managed to spend another $70 in that store... ;) ($30 for other people) I mean - how can you live with OUT the silicone basting brushes?? HMM??? those regular brushes they get all greasy and nasty, and i figured these would be easier to clean... :) and the marble mortar and pestle! i've been wanting one of those for AGES and it was so inexpensive! :) (you get the idea (grin))

So then, I go to lowes. That was at least a fixed price trip. Medicine cabinet. It was already picked out. the store by me had been out of stock, so i went to the one in the same shopping center as BBB. :) went in, bought it, rearranged my trunk, and had it put in my car. (my trunk is very full at the moment.)

but then... Then there's Target.

See, a few weeks ago, I bought a Tshirt from an online comic called In the Puddle. I really enjoy the comic. But the T-shirt!!! she made it herself.. iron on kind of thing - but it was PRINTEd on the most awesome Tshirt i've ever worn. 95% cotton, 5% spandex for just a little more fitted feel, and super SILKY soft... soooo nice. And that shirt - was from Target. (oh and it was tagless too - very important.) SO of course, while I was right there, I needed to go find more of these incredible t-shirts. I figured, if she's selling them for X amount, with the iron on and a profit, the shirt itself can't cost a WHOLE lot right? :) well I was right, the shirts were only $9. I went a little nuts. I think I spent almost $100 on shirts ALONE! but the great thing about target, it has a drugstore section too!!! so I got the eye cream I needed and some other things, and soap my brother asked for, and THEN i made it over to the electrics section and bought a 4 qt crock pot. (cuz a 6 quart is WAAAAY too big unless you are cooking large amounts. :) 4qt ismuch more usuable when you are cooking for 2 -4 people. and it's red. :) that's cool - bright red! :) so yeah - WAAAYYYY too much money. :) The problem is that target, has all the stuff that walmart has, but seems so much classier. It's so CLEAN! and the people shopping there and the people working there all seem to be happy and with it etc and the prices are all still really good. So you have no idea just how much money you are spending until you actually get to the check out. . . Dangerous store i'm telling you!!!! :)

umm that was my sunday. saturday I did some other errands but more relaxed. I went to the co-op and bought some food and stuff, and I went to the comic shop, and to panera for bread and then had a leisurely lunch while waiting to be told folks were headed over to the new house my friend was moving into. I got called after they were there and most of the way through unloading. Oh well - i went over for a while, and hung out and checked out the new place. It's very nice. :)

Btw - the trainer thing is going well. I can see ankle bone again! :) and my biceps have a little more definition, and according to my bathroom scale, I may have lost around 5 lbs. cool huh?! :) so i'm going to keep going with it - it's a good thing. :)

hope everyone else had a good weekend. Oh and we saw the producers last night. Very funny movie! :)

laters!

2 comments:

minijaxter said...

target is definitely evil see the logo is actually a modern version of the evil eye...
look at it again you will see ...

mary bishop said...

Target nickles and dimes you until you spend more money there than at Ann Taylor.

I go in for toothpaste and end up with a helper pushing the 2nd cart back to my car.

Ikea is like that too.