Monday, May 08, 2006

Blech.. monday

So my computer seems to be mostly fixed. Took me all of friday afternoon and evening to reset up all the software and transfer the data. Only two things are missing. my firefox bookmarks and the adobe creative suite. Adobe is when it started blue screening the first time, so I"ll need to be careful when i load it PLUS i'll have to call adobe probably to get the activation released.

Also - I had to call IBM again, b/c the case wasn't reassembled properly. I don't really blame the tech though. IT's a new model and hasn't been out long, they may not have had as thorough training on it as necessary. So there's a bulge in the palm rest, and the wireless switch doesn't work any more. it's loose, not connected to anything. (i have a manual switch that I can use to turn wireless on and off). Oh well. Hopefully someone will be out tomorrow to take care of those minor issues.

The weekend was relatively quiet. Saturday after kung fu, i ran some errands and went to "free COmic book day" for a little while. THen went home and relaxed for a bit. Worked on some knitting that afternoon and ALMOST finished the project, when I realised I was *1* bunny ear away from finishing. SO i had to go and spend $6 on a single skein of this yarn so I could finish the bunny. Which i did mostly last night EXCEPT, there's an error in the pattern that my mom (who found it a few weeks ago) forgot to tell me about. So now i'll have to try and pull out a couple of rows to fix it. Ahh well - it's cute though, and I bought different (cheaper) yarn to try and make another one later.

One of my errands was to complete the mission of finding a collar my dog couldn't destroy. He's good at chewing collars. The first time, it was Zoe's collar. The next 2 times, were his OWN. Not sure how he got them off, but he thoroughly destoyed them. The second one was a brand that is Guaranteed even against chewing. That lasted 2 days. and was dangerous too! it ended up all stringy like a nylon buddha bone, and who knows how much string he ingested! i'm still finding it around the house. SO i bought a choke chain. I *hate* these things. they get abused way too easily, and they don't have a stop on them so they can just keep tightening. SO I bought one the EXACT circumference of his neck. Then i bought some "quick links." These things look like a link from a chain, but have a barrel on them that screws to open or close the link. so I use a quick link to connect the two ends of the choker together. So now it's just a chain collar. :) I think it works well - we'll see how long it lasts.. I've heard him trying to chew on it - but i should think it would be a little harder to destroy. Well see! :)

now, Seing as i'm pretty much just rambling on, I think i'll cut things short around here. :) but i'll try to post this week some more of "as Long island turns."

Later Taters!

No comments: