Thursday, May 11, 2006

System Board #4

Ok - so we are going on our third replacement which means total of 4 system boards. Apparently there is a problem with the installation instructions that cause the switch to break when the computer is put back together. They are rewriting the instructions and HOPEFULLY will be sending the new ones out with the new system board this time. I hope this fixes it because a) I won't be in the office tomorrow and b) i'm killing my neck and shoulder carrying this monster back and forth to work. :) I bought a heavy machine KNOWING that I would not be carrying it very often.

So... knitting news. I have been knitting this:
It's mostly done. I had one ear left to knit when I ran out of yarn and had to buy another skein of this $6 for all of 54 yards type of yarn. Here's hoping I have enough left to make a small baby hat or something. But I ran into trouble. Apparently you are supposed to knit it in such a way that the head is open at the top so it can be stuffed and sewn shut. Well something was wrong with the instructions and they didn't make the change needed for the opposite direction, so it was sealed at the top. Then, i undid it and reknit it so it would not be sealed. It looked good on the needles, and then when I took it off according to instruction, it's one again sealed. I think I need to take it to build a bear and see if I can borrow their stuffing machine. Stick the "needle" through one of the holes, and stuff it in an instant. :) Don't think they'll let me do that though do you? :) oh well. I'm bringing it and one or two other projects to my mom's this weekend so she can show me how to finish stuff off and maybe crochet some borders so the presents will be "gift worthy".

On the frustration front. Mister's tummy has not been well. Saturday morning he um... "exploded." He did the same thing while I was at work yesterday. 45 minutes of clean up. I had to drag his entire crate(this is a crate sized for a dog up to 90 lbs) outside so I could hose the whole thing down. that was SOOO much fun. HOpefully this does not reoccur.

ALIT (As Long Island Turns...) MY aunt is now trying to raise money to pay the lawyer to sue the estate so she can try to get more than her fair share. the suka, of course to aid her in this endeavor found her a buyer for an original Andy Warhol painting that she has. All this so she can sue the estate, and drain it with legal costs so there's nothing left for anyone at the end of the day. Are we having fun yet? Sukah's husband (SH) wants my grandmother's car. it's not worth much, maybe $1500. And in all honesty none of us could really care less about it. The executor though wants him to pay for the car. I can understand this. The car is not like a table or a chair that is a personal item within the house hold. The car is something that is titled and has paperwork and assessed value to the estate. You can't avoid that really. So if SH get's the car for nothing, then everyone else is due an extra $1500 cuz he is getting more than his fair monetary share as dictated by the will. WOuld be the same as if he was able to buy the house for cheaper since he's a family member. So of course in his mother's world (aunt1) we're trying to block things because we don't like them etc etc etc. Meanwhile, SH is the man who, donated $10,000 to an israeli organization to guarantee a healthy baby, but is letting his mother pay all of his unpaid parking tickets, since they happened on her car and it would affect her credit (and arrest record. NYC doesn't mess around with that.) Sickening ain't it?? Stay tuned for more . . .

3 comments:

minijaxter said...

lovely

Echrai said...

ALIT - truly ridiculous. "If I can't have it, nobody can!" Yes, that's a winning attitude that will get you far.

Ilanna said...

yeah - a friend once said - "nothing brings out greed and ugliness more than a death in the family."

more later... :)