Wednesday, May 24, 2006

I'm sleepy...

Trying to stay awake, so what better than to post to the blog for the day. :)

So i'm sitting at home working at my kitchen table, with star trek on in the background ( yes i am a geek ) while the doggies chew on their rawhides. :)

it's been a day of calls back and forth, trying to figure out all kind of interesting things. My brother was trying to find out what car he should get... and he finally settled back on what i originally suggested. Just one of those things that you have to come to find for yourself. So he's getting that this afternoon. I'm trying to budget and determine if I can afford all the flooring I want to do in my house. You see a couple of weeks ago, Mister had a few accidents. Not his fault i guess, he probably ate something or got a bug that just wouldn't let him hold things appropriately. So when he sounded off early in the morning as he tends to do, we ignored it for a bit and that was our mistake. the second time I was at work, and the third I was in the shower. (that's the day I stepped in it... literally) So the carpet is very stained where I couldn't get it clean. An dthne of course Zoe threw up one night, and she threw up grass, then reate it, so all that was left was grass dyed liquid.. hence cleaning that up makes it look like kermit the frog got run over on my carpet. :) But hey - it's builder's grade cheap, no stain resistence type carpet. In light beige, put in basically to sell the house. I knew it was gonna hvae to be replaced eventually and I figure it increases resale on the house. The key was determining if i could afford to do the bedroom too which also has some bad stains... I guess we'll figure it out. :)

and that's about it - I haven't heard anything more in the As Long Island Turns saga so i'll update that when I hear more about it. I think we are planning to go to NY and my grandmother's house to see what we want to take so the house can be put up on the market etc. I'll probably have more then. :)

2 comments:

minijaxter said...

yeah house upgrades are expensive

mary bishop said...

If I could do it over, I would never have carpeted this house, and instead, I would have refinished the hard wood floors. I had a carpet cleaner come out last month..very expensive and sure, it looked good while it was damp -- but once it dried you could still see the problem areas...not worth the money. (I have two dogs and a cat and stuff just happens to carpeting when you have animals... like when one of my Goldens threw up a dead mouse in the middle of the living room)