Wednesday, May 10, 2006

HUmp day...

So. . . I would have posted yesterday (keeping up to my weekday daily schedule that i've started here) but Blogger was down and giving me fits. Ah well.

So IBM came out yesterday and they put the palm rest back on right, but turns out the switch is part of the motherboard, and apparently was broken off of the NEW motherboard they installed on friday. Don't know if it came that way, or if it was broken by the tech who messed up in the first place or what... it's a new model so maybe the techs aren't trained on how the casing for this one works. :) Anyways, they are coming out wiht yet ANOTHER system board today. This should be interesting. THis is why I *ALWAYS* pay for onsite service and don't buy computers from places like best buy.

This weekend I am going to visit my mom for mother's day. Also gonna shop. There's some camera stuff I want to get, before I start the photography class i'm going to take this summer. And mom owes me $ so she'll pay for that stuff in exchange for paying me back. It all works out well. I just have to figure out what to get HER for mother's day. :)

On the As Long Island Turns front... let's see. MY Aunt is retaining a lawyer to keep the executor "honest." What that really means is that he has her number and won't play her games or give her whatever she wants and so she doesn't want him as executor. The only other family members who dont' like him are . . . you guessed it The SUka's Husband. (and probably the Suka) That's because he has THEIR number as well, and knows that they are greedy and manipulative, and won't play their games either. Personally I think he's great. :) My aunt (who used to be a great litigator mainly cuz she is so manipulative) is losing her touch. SHe's nuts. I mean that literally. She has to have a companion, and her funds have to be doled out in a trust because she can't take care of herself. Well she also wants to sue the rehab facility my grandmother is in - not for negligence (which would be valid) but for misrepresenting themselves as a rehab facility and that they were really a nursing home. Truth is they are rehab, nursing home, and hospital in 3 different buildings. She is claiming they billed themselves as an acute rehab and they weren't and never were. Family decided against acute rehab cuz my grandmother never would have put up with it and done what was needed. Negligence I could see because she took her tubes out at 4am and no one noticed until it was too late. BUt honestly, I don't blame the facility because my grandmother made her choice. It was a very deliberate action on her part. That's the latest interesting tidbit on that.

ANd of course - *complaint time*. Why do people who need tech support call in when they aren't near their computer?!?!?!? I have a customer who's been calling me every day for 3 or 4 days to ask if we can do her install. I keep telling her we have to wait for her id file. she finally gets the ID file and calls me and I said ok lets do it now. "Oh no, i need 10 more minutes." why? "well i'm not at the computer and I have to get there and start it up. I told her I couldn't do it in 10 minutes that i had a conflict. she didn't listen. So of course now i'm on the phone with her. (sigh)

Oh well - welcome to Hump day!

1 comment:

minijaxter said...

because people are stupid is why you are on the phone with a user who doesnt listen