Friday, June 23, 2006

ahh well

I think this might start turning into a 3 day a week thing. I keep forgetting :)

ANyways - i had my second session with the trainer. We did a mild increase in what we are doing. So for example. On monday we did 6 minutes of cardio, and then we did 3 sets of 10 each for every excercise. Last night we did cardio for 9 minutes, and then we did 3 sets of 12 for everything. Next week I think we'll probably add a different excercise in, change it up a little - maybe start using the ball. :) I like it though. it's working well for me. (timing wise I mean, it's way too early to see actual physical results.) Although, while i am a bit sore, i'm feeling pretty good and that's a good thing. :)

However, i'm going to have to do something different for cardio. I have one of the Tony little Gazelles. But it hurts my feet because due to my weight, the suspended pedals have a "push back" effect, so it's like my weight on my feet, plus something also pushing on my feet. That's what it feels like anyway. Not to mention for some reason while using the gazelle which we got b/c we thought low impact on knees etc, but my knee kept popping and feeling sloppy. SO I don't think it's gonna work for me. So i'm thinking that I'm going to go to the bike shop and maybe get a "bike trainer" and actually get some use out of my bicycle. i've had it for a few years now, but don't get to use it much. Excercising outside is tricky for me because i'm so reactive to heat. So this way i'll get some use out of the bicycle. Anyone ever used one of these? :) maybe when it gets cooler moving on towards september i'll start going outside more. If it's out in the open and more easily accessible than buried in the basement, then maybe i'll start using it more too. :)

ALl in all though - I think this has a lot of potential. I"m not dreading the workouts like i used to, and the trainer is really nice. :) And we'll start doing the food journal soon too, which works simply b/c you are embarrassed to write icky things down that someone else is going to read, so it helps you eat better if only b/c someone else is holding you accountable. We'll have to see how it goes. :)

That's about it for today. The house stuff is moving a long, and we settle in a couple of weeks. Have a great weekend everyone!

1 comment:

minijaxter said...

exercise is a good thing.
as soon as my sunburn heals I am going to start walking again.

hehe id take the gazelle but i dont have any room for it.

the new couch is HUGE!!

but im glad you are doing something.