Tuesday, June 20, 2006

almost forgot...

I had my first training session with the new in home personal trainer. :) she is very bubbly and soothing all at the same time. I think she could be a great lamaze coach. :) "dowwwwn and back, dowwwwwn and back dowwwwwn and back... " :)

Very cognizant of making sure the form is right and educating the usefullness of each excercise. Our entire workout last night (other than the cardio) was done with a theraband. Nifty devices these. :) eventually she said we'll graduate to weights cuz a theraband can only go so far for resistance, and we'll also start using the ball and so forth in our excercises. But it WAS very balanced. Arms, shoulders, legs, abs, back etc... and you would alternate. So you'd do one set bicep and then one set tricep, so you alternated directions which seems to work really well. When we did abs, we did pelvic tilts, crunch, and back extensions. And we'd do a set of each before going back to the tilts. So it stretches in opposite directions too as you go, it's an intersting method and I like it a lot. I"m a bit sore this morning but feel that I got a good workout for the first visit. i'm sure they will continue to get harder and harder.. :) this is a good thing.

They did make an error on my goals sheet though. They wrote i wanted to get down to a size 8. I said 18. :) an 8 is not going to happen. I have too much bone density and muscle mass. I think even at a 16 i think that might be the limit. I have a LARGE frame skeleton and a LOT of muscle.. :) we'll see where we go. As long as i'm healthy then the "size" isnt' that important... :)

laters!

2 comments:

minijaxter said...

hehe
you never know what might happen once you get rid of all the fat and tone the right places:)

i agree though an 8 might not be feasible.

when i was in high school and weighing 95 lbs I wore a sz 8. i had almost no fat on body and i was a sz 7/8 junior (which is a little different cut than womens)
but still do you know how fat i felt when one of my best friends was wearing a sz 1?
stupid dept stores dont know how to dress real women....
sorry thats a rant for another day.
right now i wear a 14 in regular womens.

so maybe a more realistic goal of a sz 14 is better?

kristen said...

I think I'd be interested in working out with a in-home trainer ~ good for you Ilana for investing in yourself and your right, it's not the size you are, it's how you feel in your skin.