Friday, June 02, 2006

Fresh Silicone stinks!

I have a new shower. YAY - unfortunately my house smells... ick! :) but such is life. We also have a storm coming in so my cable is all screwy.

Also, to DoctorNOS :) walking, riding, running an hour a day... nice concept, but I have a) no stamina (yet :)) and b) no willpower to actually do it. I'm LAZY!!!!! I acknowledge that fact. I can't being to tell you how many different pieces of excercise stuff i've bought that I have grand dreams of using and never do...

The idea of the trainer is to make me do stuff. In hopes that I will have enough success that it will create enough of a habit, that I will then continue to do things on my own like riding or walking. (with my boobs, running just is *NOT* an option and my torn ACl doesn't like it much either)

I had some success with my last trainer and that was half an hour twice a week. and she wasn't always as focused on me. She also tended to compare herself to me, and say what worked for her would work for me. I kind of plateaued after a while. So i'm trying something new. I tried martial arts and I gained my weight back. So. . . I do what i need to do - and for now that's hiring someone to come over here and say "get off your ass and lets start moving."

In the meantime my sinus infection seems to not be getting worse... yet. i'm keeping my fingers crossed that the Biaxin is going to prevent it from going to full blown infection. They are miserable things.

and yes doc - you are right, I need to dig out my bicycle, fill the tires and maybe ride around a little bit, when the weather is nice... (i'm also very susceptible to heat and well... outdoor excercise sucks. {grin})

Also - in researching a problem i'm having i'm finding out all kinds of things that birth control pills can do to you.. namely causing deficiencies in vitamin B6 which controls a number of things (or helps with according to the research) such as libido, glucose tolerances etc... and having been on the pill for so long... that might very well be the cause of some of my issues. So i've started taking a B-50 complex and will see if that helps the issue. Will also be talking to my doctor to find out what the issues with coming off of it will be, and if it's a good thing for me to do at this point in my life. :) that's the end of next week though - so no updates on that for a bit.

not much new in ALIT - i think that's mostly b/c my mother is afraid to call . . . :)

have a good weekend everyone!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My name is Denise Simon and i would like to show you my personal experience with Biaxin.

I have taken for 3 days. I am 37 years old. Have had the drug under another name for pneumonia 4 years ago, but noted none of these side effects apart from extreme tiredness. It's hard to know if it's doing me good as I have 9 days to go, and another 2 weeks before testing- the GI disturbances are almost as bad as the H. pylori and undiagnosed coeliac. Am so glad to be on holidays as I doubt I'd function at work in this state.

I have experienced some of these side effects-
revolting taste in mouth, esp. on belching/hiccuping, abdominal pain, nausea, flushed and feverish, constant slight headache, extreme lower back pain esp. at night, sleep disturbance/tiredness, frequent urination, hives/acne, distressing nightmares, overwhelming feeling of disinterest/apathy in usual activities= depressed, heart palpitations

I hope this information will be useful to others,
Denise Simon