Monday, June 26, 2006

The Terrible Taco Tummy. . .

So i'm working from home today.

My tummy was not happy with the tacos from last night - so I figured i'd get more work done from here where i'm closer to the rest room in case of difficulties. had me running at least half an hour late this morning anyway so i needed to make up the time and driving - even the 2.3 miles to work would have put me further behind. Specially since I would still hvae to unlock everything hook up the laptop boot up etc. Here my machine was already booted and ready to go. :)

I think my system is getting less tolerant of certain things.

In the mean time it's been pouring here all day... with the occasional 5 minute patch of sun. Course it was lucky we had one of those "dry" spells when UPS came to deliver my brother's new bed. His Pod arrived today too - the move is getting that much more on the way.

The hard thing today was the deal with the piano. I grew up with it. It's a beautiful Cherry mahogany kranich and Bach baby grand piano. keys are real ivory. (most of them anyway) I grew up taking oboe lessons on the bench, and having my mom play Pink Elephants and we'd get all silly. Unfortunately none of us have room in our respective houses for the piano, and the piano is not in good condition. To be honest to rehab it, it would be best to just electrify it. And to just electrify it and then store it until someone has room for it just doesn't make sense. So today I arranged for a piano restoring company to pick it up. Unfortunately we won't get any money for it. But they'll at least be able to use it, or part of it, and i'd rather see that then have the junk men haul it away. Ya know? So it's sad that we are finally getting rid of/giving up the piano, but at the same time, sometimes you have to be practical. And when you think of it, it's kind of our last tie to our lives in NY. Selling this house is going to cut all of the final ties with our lives up there, and the divorce etc. When we bought the house in DE it was a "move of desperation" and we are finally moving COMPLETELY away from that lifetime.

It's not just a new house/fresh start for my brother. In many ways it's a fresh start for all 3 of us.

So i have another session with the trainer this evening - in about an hour in fact. Not sure what i'm going to do for my cardio though> The gazelle hurts my knee, it's pouring outside, and I don't have the bike trainer yet. I'll hvae to see if the trainer has any other ideas that might work. i don't know. We'll just have to see. :)

Not much else going on just the usual trying to coordinate everything - parties, work, trainer, new house, massage appts for Mom and Husband, i tell you - i've missed my calling as an event planner I think. :)

Rain rain go away.... but i think it's here to stay - for a while anyway ;)

1 comment:

minijaxter said...

yeah i want the rain to go away also.
it makes my job waay too busy.

good luck with the trainer tonight maybe she will have you run up and down the stairs...wont that be fun?