Monday, June 05, 2006

Dell Hell Part 2....

I hate dell... I really really really hate dell....

So, remember that monitor I ordered? 2 weeks ago I paid $949 for it.

So i'm looking around online today and what do i see? The monitor is on sale for $759! Ok, I'm a reasonable person. I decided to call Dell and ask for a partial refund. The woman i first got told me she couldn't see the account, didn't have access.. umm ok. So she transferred me - that took about 10 minutes. Then the next woman said, the best she could do was offer me a $75 coupon to use on a future purchase. See in order to get the sale price, I would have to pack up my monitor, ship it BACK to dell, and then REORDER it at the sale price. This of course is unacceptable. She was saying something about a policy, but to be honest I couldn't understand her through the Bangalorian accent. So I ask for a manager.

The Indian manager I get is named "dutch." His accent is a little clearer. he explains to me that the policy is that they only price match on "sales" if it's a complete system. I told him that policy sucked and he told me that it was unacceptable to use profanity on the phone with him. (I guess "suck" is considered a profane term." he was able to offer me a $100 coupon on a future purchase. And i said "all that does is get me to spend MORE money with you for the extra cost of the item." He assure me that no, i could use it on whatever dollar amount i wanted under $100 if I wanted. I told him this was unacceptable as there wans't anything else I wanted or needed from them. He said all he could do was put me through to another level of management. Another 10 minutes later and i'm on with a new guy who's name I didn't get, but who's accent was even fainter. I guess the less accent you have the higher manager you get to be.

He then offers me a $100 refund. I said no, i want the $189 difference. He said that that was above the maximum they were allowed to refund, and the max was $150. I said close enough, i want it. And he very quickly and quietly authorized the $150 refund. Why it was that hard I don't know. I think they are trying to get people to give up on the levels of idiocy and just be willing to take the coupons instead. So in 7-10 days I will have $150 credit on my credit card for the monitor... that's fine. means the cost was still less than the original sale price I saw in march. . . But the 1 hour and 7 minutes on my cell phone was a VERY frustrating hour. . . once agian I reiterate... i HATE dell.

(plus this sinus infection is just killing me!)

1 comment:

minijaxter said...

Yeah I am still getting over my sinus infection. I have been off antibiotics for awhile now.

At any rate...that is frustrating and another reason why i will not buy anything from Dell.

As for getting up and moving I empathize. I have a hard time doing that too but Im trying dammit:)