Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Whoops...

Forgot to post ysterday.... well it's the sinus infection's fault. I was out of decongestants and my head was all KINDS of fuzzy yesterday...

So my husband drove when we went out to the flooring store. :) I was going to buy the new flooring on line, but this worries me. We're talkinga bout having to store 27 boxes of wood...and I have to open and inspect ALL of the wood for damage within the first couple days of receiving it. Plus i'd have to haul it inside all by myself. I decided it was worth the extra $300 (out of $2000 or so) to get it locally. So we went to check it out. The guy in the store was great, very knowledgeable. He'll store the flooring at the store until i'm ready for it, and then i can pick it up the day before the installers start. Then *THEY* can unload it from the car as they need it. :) They also had some really nice vinyl sheet flooring as an option for the bathrooms. Really high quality with 20 year warranty on it, as opposed to the plasticy sheet vinyl i'm used to seeing. and I think we found a good carpet for the stairs too... :) Not sure the cost on that one but my husband is paying for that part, since i'm paying for the rest. :) it's a pretty chocolate color. :)

Then in mmy dizzying state, we went to the mall to get dinner and pick up some preordered books, then on to the FASTED costco trip in creation. We got there at 8:25. They close at 8:30. We got in, loaded our basket and were out paid in full and at the car by 8:35. I"m seriously impressed. :) then home. I took some pics of the flooring samples, but i haven't sized them appropriately so i'm not posting them for the moment. :)

In other news, my mom and brother found a house for her to buy for him to live in. :) we're selling the other one as it's falling apart, and this will hopefully give him a fresh start on things so he can figure out what he wants to do. This will give him a home he can be proud of and maybe a way to give him the nudge he needs. We'll have to see how it works. (Course when he reads this i'll probably be in trouble but since no names are mentioned I don't really care.)

Not much in the way of ALIT - we're going up there in a couple of weeks I think to pick what we want from my grandmother's house and so forth. I think the house has been listed or is going to be listd very soon, so that will sell and then proceeds divided equally between the sisters. I guess it's house selling mode in the family... :)

Ahh well... not a whole lot else going on here. . .thank the gods for decongestants and modern medicine - at least I can think clearly again... :)

2 comments:

Emily said...

I just came across your blog--I'm currently working on renovating a house and have spent many an evening looking at flooring (which we've yet to get!) All I do now is paint! It's nice to know others are spending evenings in similar ways.

Ilanna said...

Yeah, we finally picked all of our flooring - WIlsonart walnut for the laminate, a chocolate colored carpet, and some Flexitec vinyl flooring... nice stuff. :)