Thursday, June 29, 2006

So I was wrong... I have SUKA stories... :)

These aren't so much as storeies but little "OMG" snippets... :)
We are at 4 weeks til her due date. (roughly)

*So I just heard that My Aunt M has bought her a $72 hooded baby towel. $72!!!!!!!

*Apparently she drew the line at getting the Hand Painted Bibs that the Suka wanted.

*She (my Aunt) has also put down a $500 DEPOSIT on the Layette. Umm, my cousin's ENTIRE layette cost less than that. And they got it at Target. Not Saks.

*It was suggested she get some clothing in yellow or green, i.e. gender neutral colors so it can be used by whatever the next child might be. She said "NO child of MINE will wear hand me downs!"

*My cousin P sent her brother a Father's day card and sent an anniversary card to both of them. SHe told her mother she was doing this so they couldn't claim that P never sent anything. He got the father's day card, but the anniversary card came a little later, and he says they never got it. (which means, it's likely that she recognized what it was and hid/trashed/disposed of it.)

*So now, with 4 weeks left, she is panicking. Every other day, she goes to the hospital for tests. Everytime she sees a little moisture in her underwear, she freaks thinking her water is breaking. I can understand once, maybe twice, but one would think that the docs would set her straight (not that it would help mind you.)
At one point her husband said "you have a doctor's appt tomorrow, why not wait?" and she said "NO! I might be in LABOR by then! I CAN'T wait!"

*On one trip home from the hospital, they couldn't get home. Apparently someone was shot in one of the driveways on their street and the whole street was blocked off because the police were still looking for the shooter. So he checked her into a hotel. Later on though, he had to entice her to leave because she wouldn't go back. BUt he can't afford to keep her in a hotel for the next few weeks ya know? :) This last one I can ALMOST understand... but still.. so go stay with your inlaws or friends...

*And we also heard she didn't like the present my mother gave them for their wedding. My mother gave her a really cool set of good quality kitchen knives. REsin coated and color coded to avoid cross contamination. Good idea for someone who doesn't cook much ya know? And also for someone who wants to keep kosher. She even had knives on her registry. But she complained because "what kind of a gift is KNIVES??" (eye roll)

My mother is having trouble deciding on a baby gift. See, politics dictate that she has to send SOMETHING as a gift. She is Aunt to the father after all. And while my mother usually hand makes things for baby gifts, we can't quite bring ourselves to do that for this child, not to mention i doubt she'd use it since it's not a designer make ya know? She's leaning towards a Tiffany silver baby spoon.. but they've gotten a lot more expensive over the years and she's not sure she wants to spend that much $$ on her. :)

IN other news, I finally got my bike trainer, and it's all set up. Now I just need to get a step stool so I can get on it. It's already up kind of high, but then add 2 or 3" for the bike trainer and I gots issues. :) We'll see how it works tonight when the Personal Trainer (PT) comes for my workout. :)

I'm off work tomorrow, but i have to work monday, and then i'm off on tuesday. This will be a rather jagged holiday weekend. :) but it should be entertaining. It's the last one until we close on the new house. :)

Have a great holiday everyone!!!

2 comments:

minijaxter said...

knit something ugly - find a designer label and sew it on the product.

im think bright green and brown and orange.

minijaxter said...

better yet knit/crochet a rattle - that way its small doesnt take much time and if she doesnt like it oh well.