Wednesday, June 28, 2006

An Engineering Success!

So . . . I was all set to be upset cuz the new trunk style bike rack I bought for my car wasn't fitting. The hooks just did NOT want to go in. Well i decided to try it again, and Low and behold!! It's on. I have it all on and I THINK the straps are tight enough :) and hopefully it won't come crashing off the car with my bicycle attatched.

So this afternoon I will go, with bike "in hand" so to speak to the shop to pick up my new bike trainer. I'm bringing the bike because then I can have them help me "fit" it so it's all set up and configured and stuff. :) plus they'll be able to help me verify if my bike is set up at the right height and make sure it "fits" me properly. I guess that means I'll have to put my sneakers on before going over there so they can guage what it will be like with appropriate footwear rather than my thick soled clogs. :)

I'm also going to drop off hubby's bicycle. it hasn't been ridden in umm. . a few years. :) it's also i think around 22 years old. (he got it in 8th grade) But this way we can get it in riding shape, and if we so choose we can ride around the neighborhood together. :) also in the summer anyway, i can always take my bike over to my brother's house rather than walking :) walking's no fun... :)

Umm not too much else going on here today really. :) dealing with all the minutiae that have to be dealt with re the house and planning certain surprises. He doesn't read my blog but i'd rather be paranoid and avoid him suddenly deciding TO read it :) i'll tell you all about it next week.

It's been a while since an "As Long Island Turns" post but there hasn't been anything new. Of course this could change since i'm currently on hold with my mom and she went to go answer my Aunt M's call. and it's been a little bit - should be interesting to see what happens. I figure we aren't going to hear anything until the Suka gives birth. I think the NY world is revolving entirely around that one event. Should be interesting to see what happens. :)

Night night! (unless something really good comes up then i'll post some more :))

No comments: